The Springfield Thunder SC appreciates the time and commitment that volunteer coaches give to their players and teams. Coaches are selected based on several criteria including: Coaching Certificate and experience working with youth. Prior coaching experience is recommended but not required. New coaches have the opportunity to ask questions and receive guidance from our Director of Coaching on a regular basis. A background check is required by MVYSA (Risk Management Form). The Springfield Thunder SC may conduct background checks on any and/or all applicants. Each coach that plans to conduct a practice or provide instructional advice on the sidelines must complete an application.
1. Risk Management Approval every year after June 30th.
2. Concussion Certification every 3 years.
3. Coaches License within 6 months of being appointed Assistant or Head Coach.
4. Willingness to continue to further your coaching license trainings
5. Attend required coaches meetings for administrative purposes (tournament, tryout, club events, games, practices...etc).
6. Attend Director of Coaching training sessions.
7. Support Club-wide events and be an ambassador of the club.
Coaches have flexibility in the tournaments they choose to participate in however MVYSA provides a list of tournaments annually on their website to aid in this process. Click here.
Every coach is required to complete the following: Concussion training, Safe Sports training, Lindsay's Law training, Risk Management and all U9-U15 coaches are required to have at least a Grass Roots module coaching license in their respective age division. For more information see Ohio South's website (click here).